« Home | But where's Ray from Achewood? » | Wakey wakey, part two » | Why bother » | Wakey wakey » | As soon as the law becomes inconvenient... » | Less than half ain't really much of nothing » | PJF » | Work radio dept. » | Stage magic » | 2005 singles » 

Sunday, December 18, 2005 

"They're intelligently designed"

When talking about evolution, I've pointed out to people the fact that the theory behind it underlies and makes possible an awful lot of our current science, which usually gets a skeptical response. I never expected Doonesbury to have such a concise (and funny) example of the idea.

Intelligent design is so five minutes ago. I'm all into string theory. Seriously, have you read Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe? Merry Christmas to me!

I haven't read the book, but the ex and I attended a pretty interesting lecture on it here at the university given by a guy from the Perimeter Institute. It's pretty safe to say I'm intrigued. Might have to check out that book...

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates