« Home | "I, Jon Stewart, hate Christmas" » | What have I done to deserve this? » | A sense, not an idea » | Hey there, Mr. Blue » | Miscarriage » | Mail call » | Palm meet forehead » | Oh, those crazy Russians » | Sometimes I forget I'm still awake » | "mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they... » 

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 

2005 singles

I've got a big whopping post, with several Stylus shoutouts, over at my other webspace, to avoid cluttering up here too much. I will post the list here, but blurbs are through the link.

My top twenty:

01. The Futureheads – “Hounds Of Love”
02. Robyn - “Be Mine”
03. Three 6 Mafia - “Stay Fly”
04. Sweet Billy Pilgrim – “Stars Spill Out Of Cups”
05. Slim Thug – “I Ain’t Heard Of That”
06. Snoop Dogg – “Signs”
07. My Chemical Romance – “Helena”
08. Ciara – “Oh”
09. Relient K – “Be My Escape”
10. The Bravery – “An Honest Mistake”
11. The Game / 50 Cent – “Hate It Or Love It”
12. Ok Go - “A Million Ways”
13. Richard Hawley - “The Ocean”
14. Mike Jones – “Still Tippin’”
15. Juliet – “Avalon”
16. T-Pain - “I'm Sprung”
17. Jamie Lidell – “Multiply”
18. Mattafix - “Big City Life”
19. !!! - “Take Ecstasy With Me”/”Get Up”
20. The Music – “Breakin’”



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates