« Home | Double shift » | That's what bad news is all about » | Adventures in post-minimalism » | Extreme temporal parochialism » | "That's how I got into country music" » | Overlegislation » | Cleaning house » | When you wake (you're still in a dream) » | "Can of corn" is right out, though » | It's a deal, it's a steal » 

Friday, January 13, 2006 

Employment

Why is it that the cats kept quiet at night until the night before my first day on the job?

Speaking of which:

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that Ian Mathers has accepted the position of
Tracing Clerk in Central Services. He will be starting this Friday,
January 13th. Many of you know Ian from his work in our Tracing
department and most recently from his time assisting in the Call Centre.

Ian will primarily be working an evening shift but during his training
period will be working days in the loft. Please join me in welcoming
Ian in his new position with AA&D.


Go me, I guess. Work is awesome (especially for my bank account, and especially after half a month vacation).

And yes, I am currently in "the loft".

Congratulations!

Huzzah!

Thanks, guys - life as an office monkey suits me surprisingly well. Especially when I get Fridays off.

congrats!

I thought so, and thanks, but (a) I'm really bad at detecting those and (b) in case you can't tell, a mild and pleasent befuddlement is pretty standard for me.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates