« Home | Tummy therapy » | I'm not emo or anything, but... » | Why not smile » | Raspberries » | Progress » | For He loves me so » | "Your PM is a sissy" » | Release the hounds » | Then he gets mad » | Feel good hits of the 21st of February, 2006 » 

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 

Adjustments

So, new template, one on which the comments work a bit better, and I just generally like the look and feel. I think I've got everything working, and all of the archives have been converted - except the first two months, which Blogger can't seem to convert. No idea why, might worry about it some other time. Feedback on the new look is always appreciated, although it might not be acted on due to either a difference of opinions of my technical ineptitude.

Also you may notice the list of links is smaller than ever - most of them are in my blogroll, and the journal is gone because Diary-x got destroyed. I'd like some sort of webspace to store longer posts in (I can't see posting International Mixtape Projects and the like here), but for now I'll make do (I've vaguely thought of using Livejournal, but we'll see). This started in February 2003 (the 18th actually, I missed my anniversary again; oh well), but the journal was started back in late October of 2000, and the experience of writing online has changed my life immeasurably. I do feel a little sentimental about losing that particular account, even if I never really used it anymore, and of course all entries still exist as word files on my computer. For now I'm just focusing on getting what I'm still working on running.

Oh, and I had a (hopefully) interesting post up on the Turntable today.

The new look is much better, in my opinion, if only because of the improved functionality. I will leave it to more artistic people to comment on the actual style.

I'll admit the functionality is a big part of why I was looking for a new template.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates