« Home | Promotional considerations » | Roffles » | I'm gonna kill all the judges » | Memory hole » | Choco » | Congratulations » | Anaesthetic X-Wipes » | Grand Unification Theory » | Snow day! » | Smooch » 

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 

Needs sleep badly

So I'm up and at work for 8:30 for a three and a half hour "planning session" that is sure to kill all of my headmeats stone cold dead.

On the upside, though, we have a lovely singles column for you, and the title even comes from one of my blurbs. I kind of felt like this was my week, although honestly I was thinking of a few turns of phrase that didn't get picked and not our actual title.

I may seem like a grouch in the singles column this week, but that's just because I didn't get assigned blurbs for any of the songs I liked (Corrine Bailey Rae, Delays, Gabriel Rios). And while the meeting was extremely long as expected, no actual version of "Valentine" was as good as the hour-and-a-half long chorus-only remix playing in my head this morning.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates