« Home | Fascism is bad » | The woodland spring has put the darkness from your... » | That time of the week » | We shall overcome » | Fear of suffering » | England prevails » | Economic Man does not exist » | Happy St Patrick's Day! » | Hmmm » | New crush » 

Monday, March 20, 2006 

Great moments in dialogue

Joy just called me at work, and just as she was saying hi her cat attacked, resulting in the immortal line:

"Ow, fuck my leg, cat!"

This is actually the way she spoke it, although arguably not the way she meant it.

Also, the reason I like my boss is best summed up by the way she ended an email about the schedule for our department's meeting tomorrow with the line "Be aware I plan to revisit what I'm calling the Great Vision Statement Grammar Debate." Not only are we all such wonks we care about the phrasing of our, ahem, "Vision Statement", but she's willing to give the whole thing a faintly silly name.

That's hilarious.

Punctuation's everything.

Isn't it?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates