« Home | Name withheld to protect the drunk » | I am a total geek » | Suit on a skateboard » | Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal » | Relationships, hey hey hey » | Bits and pieces » | Burned, stabbed and mauled by a lion and a grizzly... » | Best news I've heard in a while » | Dangerous Tandem Feeding Technique » | If I was American, I'd give money to Planned Paren... » 

Sunday, March 26, 2006 

Plausible deniability

Anyone else think Rahman is going to be killed by a mob now that he's been set free? Yeah, nice "solution" there, Afghanistan.

Wait a minute; didn't we overthrow the theocratic government over there and install a puppet regime? What the heck is going on? Does it need to be done again? I think our soldiers are already there....

I know - whether or not you were for the initial invasion, etc, it was pretty clear that the point was to change the country to the point where this sort of thing doesn't happen. The fact that it is indicates some very troubling things, and means we should be having some serious conversations vis a vis human nature and foreign intervention. But we don't seem to be doing so.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates