« Home | Solitude » | Wednesday is Drunk Night » | Realisations » | Music is magic » | Train coming, I don't know its destination » | Hard work » | The Taquito Moment » | It's Tuesdays now » | Trying to forget » | It begins » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

Unsolicited praise is awesome

When I was eighteen, I wrote three reviews of Philip K. Dick novels for the then-primary PKd website (since then his estate has actually set up an official one, with Jason Koornick kindly and rightly letting them have the philipkdick.com domain): Valis, The Man In The High Castle and Radio Free Albemuth. I have a hard time reading them these days (they've got some good moments, but it's hard to read anything I wrote six years ago without wincing), but every so often I'll get an email from someone about them. So far, every single one of these emails have been positive and appreciative. I just got another one yesterday, praising a couple of paragraphs in the Man In The High Castle one.

Man, that's a nice feeling.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates