« Home | Hard work » | The Taquito Moment » | It's Tuesdays now » | Trying to forget » | It begins » | Seed » | Four and a half hours of sleep » | The politics of film » | Dirty hands shape the keenest minds » | Dirda! » 

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 

Train coming, I don't know its destination

Feel good hits of the 7th of March, 2006

(I wrote all this down during our marathon meeting yesterday, then forgot to post it! Also, big news today, but I'm waiting to post it until I talk to some people.)

Jens Lekman - "Maple Leaves (7' Version)"
Mint Royale featuring Lauren Laverne - "Don't Falter"
Iron & Wine - "Each Coming Night"
The Sycamores - "Tired Of Always Thinking Of Lies"*
Sugababes - "Overload"
Readymade - "Following A Typewriter To Sleep"
Alien Ant Farm - "Movies"**
Superchunk - "Ribbon"
Aereogramme - "Inkwell"

* Not a comment on the content of the meeting, I swear.
** I also swear this song is actually killer.

I concur. That AAF track is pretty great. Effffff the haters.

Has anything else they've done (with the exception of "Billie Jean", obviously) been any good, though?

Because if so I'll start looking for the album with "Movies" on it in discount bins, but you're the first person whose reaction hasn't been "ewww".

smooth criminal man. SMOOTH CRIMINAL. not billie jean. But yeah. I had a roommate once who was obsessed with them, and those were the only 2 tracks I ever heard that were worth a crap. Who knows.

Oops. You're totally right, I wonder why I got that mixed up.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates