« Home | I love living in the future dept. » | Might as well get started early » | Natural's not in it » | We was robbed » | He's good, but a bit overrated » | Watchmaker » | "...oh." » | Work radio dept. » | Meat » | For the hills » 

Sunday, April 16, 2006 

Good weekend

The ever wonderful K, late of Cornell Law School (and this story), blessed us with her presence this weekend and boy was it fun. Last night was pretty sloppy, but before that we spent the day catching up with various people and driving out to Kitchener where I bought a ton of records, because K is awesome. My haul:

Mates Of State - Bring It Back
The Ramones - Road To Ruin
Neil Young - On The Beach
Wire - On The Box 1979
The Mountain Goats - We Shall All Be Healed

The Ramones and Neil Young were both $12 a pop, brand new (and remastered, in the Ramones case); I guess Encore has some sort of deal with that distributor. Between these and all the food and booze I bought this weekend (my gin stores are replenished and I just sprung for lunch for six at Wok's Taste before K left today, partly because I owed Erik for the last time I was there), I'm done the small amount of splurging I was doing with some money I got recently. But I'm still in great financial shape; I get paid next week, the bills are all paid, I've got rent and student loan payments socked away, and when I get my taxes all of them are going on the credit card, because my customary indulgence has already happened. And since money issues are pretty much the one thing that consistently stress me out or prevent me from being stressed out, I'm feeling pretty good.

Money issues. Ick. I'm filing my taxes today. Glad yours are squared away.

From what I understand, ours are a lot less complicated than yours. Most states, anyways. Hope the filing is straightforward!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates