« Home | We was robbed » | He's good, but a bit overrated » | Watchmaker » | "...oh." » | Work radio dept. » | Meat » | For the hills » | Criticism is not a buyer's guide » | I'm sorry that the kitchen is on fire » | How the hell did Snook get so high? » 

Thursday, April 13, 2006 

Natural's not in it

I don't like a "classic" album as much as some people think I should; film at eleven.

My favourite part is probably that although I'm tough on the band, what comes through the review, especially the end, is a grudging respect and an admission that although they're not especially my thing, they're quite good - but if you fail to pay due respect to a "great record", some people are going to bitch no matter what you say.

I throw around unwarranted uses of the word "angular" (in terms of guitar/rock/etc) all the time. It's fun to do, and throws people off.

and yeah, don't mind the haters. I don't think they so much grasped the whole of the article so much as read what they wanted into it and went off on tangents based on nitpicky details. but hey! that's how we do.

Oh, I don't mind them - I find them pretty amusing. My knee-jerk reaction every time this happens is just to start muttering "same as it ever was" over and over.

And some of them are just so cute!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates