« Home | FYI: you’re all gonna die screaming » | Somethingasaurus » | I relentlessly desire your custard tongue between ... » | On a (relatively) lighter note » | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | The light end of the street can still be a dead end » | LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! » | I forgot to post this for five hours » | I haven't heard it yet » | Dark age ahead » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006 

Random dancing

I've spent pretty much all of the afternoon today helping Aaron and Christa move in, but while waiting for my ride to show up in the morning I caught part of Chori Chori; although most of what I saw was this impressively manic and foreign (to my sensibilities) solo dance scene, which was fascinating and mildly disquieting (the movements were almost laughably strange to someone used to modern/western dance, and she would not stop grinning, which was slightly unnerving), I did see a little of the acting parts, and I was struck at how much of a screwball feeling I was getting from it. Well, lo and behold, Chori Chori is actually a remake of the great, great It Happened One Night, which I watched for film class some years ago. I kind of want to see the whole thing now.

Thanks again, by the way.

Any time. Assuming you're planning to wait a reasonable span before moving again. Unpacking going okay?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates