« Home | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | The light end of the street can still be a dead end » | LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! » | I forgot to post this for five hours » | I haven't heard it yet » | Dark age ahead » | Respekt for Grandiosa » | A shit week for singles » | Against flowers » | The guy in the picture is John Foxx » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

On a (relatively) lighter note

I feel bad that I've really only started to appreciate Chris Whitley's work now that he's gone (except for Hotel Vast Horizon, which was something like my second review for Stylus), but atleast I got the chance to review his last album, which is wonderful in the kinds of ways these posthumous releases normally aren't.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates