« Home | The light end of the street can still be a dead end » | LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! » | I forgot to post this for five hours » | I haven't heard it yet » | Dark age ahead » | Respekt for Grandiosa » | A shit week for singles » | Against flowers » | The guy in the picture is John Foxx » | Said "who's the guy with the gun?" like I was invo... » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

Because I have been sleeping badly lately

So last night I actually got to bed earlier than I needed to, which I was looking forward to since I have been staying up a little too late in general. I had gotten home after seeing Orbax's dinner lecture on the show we call side and then discussing societal collapse, the instrumentality of computers and rules vs. principles (with reference to Nietszche's three stages of man) with Aaron, James and Christa (this also involved drinking), and I fell asleep swiftly.

Unfortunately, over the last few days the lower half of my calves have gotten itchy. I have no idea why. They look totally normal, which only disconcerts me more, since the itch is quite strong. I wound up waking up throughout the night to find myself scratching my legs, which only made the irritation more intense and caused it to spread further up my legs (for example, once I actually did fall back to sleep and woke up now, the itch is restrained to an area just above my ankles and is tolerable although annoying, as opposed to agonizing). This would be bad enough, and it was, but I had also just finished reading this; and at 3 am my head bolted up from my pillow and I knew, just knew there was a zombie directly outside of my door. I have never been more effectively paralyzed by sheer blind panic than the five minutes I spent staring into the dark and waiting for the doorknob to start turning.

weird. last week, for about 5 days, i had one spot behind my knee that itched like dumb. it wasn't constant, but kept popping up every once in a while. and no evidence of a reason for itch other than my fingernail trails! maybe it's mini-spiders?

*on a hopefully consoling note, the itch is now gone.

you should move to houston in case of a zombie attack. I'm in with the group of people here who have planned out exactly how and are prepared to survive it.

We've got a similar group up here, actually. We have t-shirts. Although humidity does help them decompose faster.

And Jer, that does help a little - I've talked to Telehealth Ontario and they recommended some stuff, so hopefully by tonight I won't be going crazy any more.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates