« Home | Structure » | Correctives » | Everything just sucks » | I want a name when I lose » | Night turns black 'cause it's rotten » | I found that essence rare » | A lack of uniforms » | False advertising » | Suddenly I'm glad I don't own it yet » | "You have no imagination whatsoever" » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

Twinges

Every so often, maybe 3-4 times a year, I get a cramp just below and behind my left kneecap so bad that I wake up screaming (these have invariably happened when I am asleep). But yesterday and today, for the first time, that particular muscle has been acting up without actually inducing crippling pain. I went to bed very nervously last night, but I was fine; the gym yesterday and today haven't been a problem; but every so often when walking there's a twitch or a hint of pain. I once heard potassium is supposed to be good for this sort of thing, so I think I'll eat some bananas tonight.

As it is, I almost wish I'd get a full-on attack, if only because that means I can stop worrying about it for a couple of months at least.

sheeeesh

Thanks for your, uh, sympathy?

I have strange ways of expressing... uh... emotions? so yes! you're welcome.

Ah, I thought you were mocking my pain.

noooooooo katie's had her share of knee problems in the past. pretty bad osgood-schlatters disease to be exact.

That horrible, I hope it hasn't bothered you for a long, long time.

Although admittedly reading that "It mainly affects boys aged 10 to 16 years old" made me giggle a little.

it doesn't really flare up anymore, so it's cool. it destroyed whatever tennis career I thought I might have had though. And left an attractive huge bump on one of my knees. And I had a sex-change operation when I was 19.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates