« Home | Ends that cannot be realized through means that ca... » | Death to all things real » | Kind of a dick move » | "even the Pope is considering suggesting that we a... » | "Oh, Doctor, you and me is gonna have such an awfu... » | Some people should not own animals » | "Did I ask too much? More than a lot?" » | $5 to fuel up your car? » | Desk tops » | Monday roundup » 

Thursday, July 06, 2006 

The finality principle

So Ken Lay dies; fair enough, it happens. But now that means that "Lay was never convicted, tried or even indicted for Enron misdeeds"? I'm going to have to ask my father if Canadian laws work the same way, and I sure as hell hope they don't. Because the idea that the massive amount of money Lay was due to return somehow just vanishes now is pretty messed up, notwithstanding the fact that civil suits can still be brought. The paranoid part of me wonders if the fucker didn't just fake his death.

(story here)

I was listening to a local hip hop station last night while painting the house. All the DJs on the show were stoned off their asses and the themes of the night revolved around ken lay's ghost haunting the studio (they would all make creepy ghost noises constantly behind whoever was talking or randomly in the middle of songs), whether or not ken lay faked (bought) his own death, and pussylips.

There be lots of pissed off ex enron employees 'round here as of late. justice was definitely not served.

...I kind of want to hear that radio show.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates