« Home | "Inarguable nuthatch" » | An idea » | Snack machine adventures » | All of the time » | "I try not to think about it." » | We desire disorder » | 1/64th » | The fixed smile of the serious addict » | What you call the disease, I call the remedy » | "After that, there's going to be a Situation." » 

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 

If things come alive

So it's (semi)official; I will be trying to have my MA thesis (on Roman Ingarden and the musical work of art) done in time to defend it by late June so as to finish it before Dr. Jeff Mitscherling (my advisor) leaves for Chile to teach. I am torn between panic and excitement.

And oddly enough, for a surprisingly sustained period (five days?) I have been unable to get Interpol's "Not Even Jail" out of my head. I still think a good 50% of Antics is crap, but not that song.

Hey, Ian, have you heard of the singer Amos Lee from Philadelphia? I heard him on, of all things, A Prairie Home Companion, last weekend. I think he's awesome.

As with so many things... heard of, but not heard.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates