« Home | All of the time » | "I try not to think about it." » | We desire disorder » | 1/64th » | The fixed smile of the serious addict » | What you call the disease, I call the remedy » | "After that, there's going to be a Situation." » | Can you hear it at all? » | Own a car » | What I want » 

Monday, January 29, 2007 

Snack machine adventures

Doritos apparently now has a "Tandoori Sizzler!" flavour of nacho chips. As someone who loves tandoori chicken, I am a little curious. As someone familiar with how hideous junk food can be (and how far off the mark), I'm repulsed.

You should try PC rice chips - wasabi & honey, tamari, and/or Thai curry. They're all pretty good, in my opinion.

I think I've tried the thai curry ones... they were pretty good, although it turns out that curry isn't really something I want from my snack food.

Lay's had a wasabi and a spicy curry chip for a while - the wasabi ones weren't wasabilicious, but the curry ones weren't bad once you accepted their curriness. I'm not sure that I spelled that correctly.

Wasabi is horrible.

I once had some lamb and mint chips over in the UK... they weren't bad, once you accepted the fact that your potato chip tasted kind of like meat.

Wouldn't everything taste better if it tasted a bit like meat though? Just imagine a delicious salad that tasted like that crazy sandwhich you got at Angels - tasty and nutritious.

True. But I think you'd still need to adjust to it, eh?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates