« Home | And cross it out » | "And you cannot shape it / Cos it's reality, yeah" » | Activity » | I can feel it in my bones » | Dream about me » | R and R » | Responsible » | Motherfucking snow day! » | Now, how to turn this particular mother out? » | Double play » 

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 

Better than nothing

So Libby's been convicted over the Plame case , which is nice, but the juror they had talking to the press on CNN as Aaron and I were shooting pool said it best:

"I will say there was a tremendous amount of sympathy for Mr. Libby on the jury. It was said a number of times, 'What are we doing with this guy here? Where’s Rove? Where are these other guys?'" Collins said. "I’m not saying we didn’t think Mr. Libby was guilty of the things we found him guilty of. It seemed like he was — as Mr. Wells put it, he was the fall guy."

And let me remind you that this means that the Vice President's Chief of Staff was convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice, and that since this is national security stuff, it's a felony to just ignore this sort of thing. Which the Bush administration did. This is seriously Watergate level malfeasance, and although I don't say this lightly, there is only one option (though it won't be taken): Impeach impeach impeach.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates