« Home | Maybe I should say hi » | Re-performance » | "I'm fired. I'm getting fired." » | Ludicrously sober » | "If we don't debate this, we are not worthy of our... » | The prophet of our desert » | I feel safe all the time » | A high note » | Counter productive » | Miles away, miles above / The vampire only wants a... » 

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 

Oddly terrifying

So I have a paper to write - it's not one that I'm worried about, it should actually be fun. It's on something I know inside or out, and although it'll take some time to actually get it down and polish it, I'm not exactly nervous about the quality of it once I do.

And yet, the last few nights it has taken me a few hours to fall asleep each night after I lay down, and last night was the worst - I turned off the lights at 2 am, and didn't actually sleep until 7 (although I think those five hours weren't a total wash as far as rest goes). I wound up re-setting my alarm for 11 because the prospect of doing anything when it went off at 9 made me want to weep. What the hell is wrong with me?

It sounds like it is ready to be written. For myself, I sometimes find I'll fuss and fret out of overthinking - something that should be a cakewalk becomes a morass because my brain wants the challenge.

Bad brain! No challenge for you!

Yeah, I don't know why our brains are so perverse when it comes to this stuff.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates