« Home | For the day I’m not here, when I’m gone and I’m sorry » | Everybody always tells her how much they care » | People get crushed like biscuit crumbs » | See the sky about to rain » | The unexamined life » | I've never felt so out of control » | "Something got out from inside the story" » | We've been past the point of help since early April » | Free to go insane » | I just know that something good is gonna happen » 

Thursday, April 26, 2007 

Hassan-i Sabbah

Ben sent me something from BME's Modblog and I've been browsing the text tattoos, looking for inspiration... I think this one is pretty goddamn awesome.

That is pretty much badass. I only have one tattoo, but I think you'd appreciate it. It is a muted trumpet with the word "WASTE" underneath.

....you're kidding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83639669@N00/212706926/

(the html here keeps screwing up, so you get a link)

I can't believe we apparently have the same tattoo. That's really cool.

That's just weird! Very cool.

Mine doesn't have the periods, but its the same thing. It has bled and blurred over the years (I've had it almost fifteen years), but still clearly the trumpet and word.

How many people do you think have that tattoo? My fraternity big brother is the only other one I know - we got them before he left for grad school in the summer of '92.

I know Mike Powell has the trumpet, although I don't believe the word, on his chest. Where is yours?

I want to get another one, but as I said I'm trying to figure out what exactly I want.

It is on the outside of my right bicep.

My wife and I talked about getting tattoos for wedding bands, but didn't - maybe for our tenth anniversary in a few years. I've yet to find the next thing I'd really want inked.

I'm still planning on getting W.A.S.T.E./the muted trumpet on my left wrist too - I just haven't been around to see Randy lately.

Ah yes - I hadn't forgotten, I just wasn't thinking of that in terms of this.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates