« Home | Hassan-i Sabbah » | For the day I’m not here, when I’m gone and I’m sorry » | Everybody always tells her how much they care » | People get crushed like biscuit crumbs » | See the sky about to rain » | The unexamined life » | I've never felt so out of control » | "Something got out from inside the story" » | We've been past the point of help since early April » | Free to go insane » 

Saturday, April 28, 2007 

You've been sad for a while

Feel good hits of the 28th of April, 2007:

R.E.M. - "Why Not Smile"
Red House Painters - "Have You Forgotten"
Readymade - "Hamburg"
Nada Surf - "Inside of Love"
Paul Simon - "Gumboots"
The Lemonheads - "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You"
The Failed Alliance - "Before It Starts"
Pilate - "The Travel Song"
Doves - "The Cedar Room"
Phosphorescent - "I Am A Full Grown Man (I Will Lay In The Grass All Day)"

'The Lemonheads - "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You"'

This is a song that has the power to make me deliriously happy, if I hear it at the right time. It makes me think the Lemonheads are ridiculously underrated. But then I hear some of Dando's less enjoyable compositions... :(

It's actually because of that very effect that I've avoided getting more Lemonheads; I love that song, but I can't see anything but disappointment in hearing more.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates