« Home | The Great Indoor Fight » | Gets me to the church on time » | I started, I jumped up » | "Good at chess usually means bad at life." » | This is nothing like it was in my room » | Accidental manifesto » | You're dumbstruck, baby » | Please note » | Having a laugh » | A life on the internet and the road » 

Saturday, May 26, 2007 

Going to Seaforth

While I wouldn't want to do it every Saturday, or even most Saturdays (and not just because that means everyone I know is leaving town), every so often pretty much the most satisfying way you can spend an afternoon is helping a friend move. I am in an excessively good mood, and not just because of that; the weather yesterday and today has been flat out gorgeous (if it was like that through August, I'd love summer), and walking back to my place from Aaron's old apartment reminded me of how much I like my neighbourhood. Sure, my building faces onto downtown, which isn't really a neighbourhood; but the area behind us is great. Quiet, green, filled with nice, small and relatively old houses that don't look identical; exactly the sort of place I like to live.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates