« Home | Having a laugh » | A life on the internet and the road » | Kicking a dead pig » | A bigot, a reactionary, a liar, and a fool » | Too perfect » | My most imaginary friend » | We will laugh, the day that Thatcher Falwell dies » | Politely terrorizing » | Derring-do » | Craggers » 

Monday, May 21, 2007 

Please note

1. Low have a couple new videos up at their site; the one for the "Optimimi" version of "Hatchet" is kind of cool in that it's an extended, funky, very different version of the song. But while I like the groove, it also makes me appreciate that they went with the version of the song they did on Drums and Guns, as this one would stick out like a sore thumb. The video for "Belarus," meanwhile, reminds me how much I love cross country skiing (which I haven't done in... a decade?) and is easily my favourite of the Drums and Guns videos so far. I love that they're doing all of them.

2. Who has the best crowd in North American football? We do. I need a season pass for next year.

That version of "Hatchet" is great! It has a little Schoolhouse Rock vibe to it.

Good point! I wasn't thinking of it that way, but you're right.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates