« Home | Getting back into gear (slightly) » | And he puts on his dark glasses and he shows you w... » | Time spirals around the "Originator." » | There's a right way to be stupid » | You really cannot make this shit up » | I don't care where, just far » | IT'S LIKE LICKING A MIRROR » | "I'm probably going as a pretty pretty princess" » | Credible? » | Radio star » 

Monday, May 07, 2007 

The three Rs

Also, I have a new CD-playing alarm clock, since I kept sleeping through my old one. I actually bought it a few weeks ago with tax money, but I've been so unfocused I didn't read the instructions until last night. I put in the first disc of 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong and set the alarm for early (for me, especially as I was up late working), and then forgot about it.

Until I was awoken by Mark E. Smith yelling "RIGHT, NOISE!" directly in my ear at far too loud a volume. Genuinely one of the more terrifying moments I've ever experienced (lucky me, I know), especially when waking. I turned the volume down a bit, but I also think I'm going to switch CDs.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates