« Home | I'm just way too tired » | Quick, look elsewhere! » | Being self important is all I have » | Whoopsy » | "Our baby is going to be French Canadian." » | Hey love, we'll get away with it » | Especially the Goliathon 83 » | What ever happened » | I'm the new blue blood, I'm the great white hope » | Just don't make it last any longer than it has to » 

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 

Slight return

In order to get it into the archives proper for the site, we've got my Seconds article about Life Without Buildings' "Juno" up again; it previously ran on the Stypod. This is the one that has the dubious distinction of getting me a link from the Village Voice, so some people think it's quite good.

Oh man, I was listening to this album the other day, and I still can't believe how good it is. You're absolutely right about the rest of the band being as good as Sue Tompkins: all those bright, jagged riffs.

If the plan is to incorporate all of those Seconds pieces that originally appeared on the Stypod, do you happen to know if my piece on David Bowie's "I'm Not Quite" is scheduled to (re-)run any time soon?

I asked Todd about it, personally, and he said to just send it in again. I get the sense we could use it, and I know I'd like to read that again - email him maybe?

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates