« Home | Ugh » | Miles Standish proud » | Rock hard » | Alike a spring rose » | 4642.4 KM later » | Sadly predictable » | The only kick in life is pumping that steel » | Truckin' » | This is not a joke so please stop smiling » | See what I mean? » 

Thursday, July 12, 2007 

Heavy shoes

I will be posting about my trip, but I'd like to direct people to Cosmo Lee's fine interview with Year of No Light, whose Nord really is a thing of beauty. I mention it for two reasons: First, for the weird (because irrelevant) but palpable thrill of finding out that a band whose album you like has some of the same influences you do (Low, Philip K. Dick, et al), and secondly because it has a link to one of the best Joy Division covers I've ever heard. It's also interesting to see them throw in with shoegaze as opposed to metal.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates