« Home | Give a hoot » | Doctor my eyes » | Catching up » | Writers Guarantee Audiences » | That's it, that's all. » | I believe I'll go back home » | Sleek and beautiful » | Lost at sea, until you find me » | I don't know what to feel right now » | "Just like a real social theory" » 

Sunday, November 11, 2007 

Doom. Da-Doom. Crash!

Warren Ellis has a pretty amazing column up on "Be My Baby" (which I love), Phil Spector, Martin Hannett, drum sounds, and history. More impressionistic than explicit, but I like that.

That was a pretty amazing column. I was going to make sure you'd seen it, but remembered you get the Bad Signal too.

Glad you liked it - honestly, I wasn't sure if the music stuff translated well to those not already in the know...

The writing is great on its own. And now I want to hear what he's writing about. I don't anticipate actually liking it (though I'd be open to that), but I'm very curious.

The sound quality is shit, and I sent this to Aaron already, but for the curious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSIPCvnmaIs

My God, I've heard that a million times without know which song it was. I suck on titles and artists.

Hey man - something I thought you might be interested in knowing:

http://torrentfreak.com/canadian-police-tolerates-piracy-071110/

CHERYL SHUMAN IS HARASSING JOYCE DANELEN. JOYCE DANELEN DOES NOT EVEN KNOW CHERYL SHUMAN.

CHERYL SHUMAN STOLE JOYCE DANELEN ID AND IS NOW SAYING HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT PHIL SPECTOR.

PHIL SPECTOR IS JOYCE DANELEN FRIEND.
CHERYL SHUMAN IS STALKING JOYCE DANELEN

JOYCE DANELEN DOES NOT KNOW CHERYL SHUMAN BUT CHERYL SHUMAN WANTS JOYCE'S LIFE CALL THE FBI

I probably shouldn't be amused by that, but I'll leave it for now.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates