« Home | General plea » | All the pieces matter » | I could write infinite » | I don't care if this sounds naive » | Better than TV » | A note on criticism » | I thought at the time it was clear; I thought at t... » | This is the best idea ever » | The ecstatic static » | Lovely » 

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 

In a world that's slightly less awesome

Don LaFontaine has passed away. Who, you may ask? Let's just say he's the Voice of God. He did amazing work, and as that self-narrated YouTube autobiography (which you can find at the link) shows, he was also a great guy. He will be missed. Movie trailers just ain't ever going to be the same.

Also, I will always kick myself for not trying to get a Don LaFontaine voicemail message after the first time I saw that video.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates