« Home | New forms, new forms » | "What needs to be done" » | "The consensus doesn't explain our lives. But - w... » | quiet, remorse, everything, peace » | Looking back: The Go-Betweens » | Swells » | Fear is not knowing » | Makes me feel glad that I'm not dead » | Oh! How the dogs stack up » | Huckenpack » 

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 

Death shall have no dominion

I know I keep saying this, but The AV Club really is the best arts-and-culture website out there right now. There are all sorts of columns I thoroughly enjoy, but it gave me a special thrill to see Nathan Rabin's great "My Year of Flops" column (which has now gone on longer than a year, and thankfully seems to be permanent) takes on Steven Soderbergh's great, great Solaris. Rabin, as he often does, gets it exactly right here.

Links to this post

Create a Link



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates