« Home | New forms, new forms » | "What needs to be done" » | "The consensus doesn't explain our lives. But - w... » | quiet, remorse, everything, peace » | Looking back: The Go-Betweens » | Swells » | Fear is not knowing » | Makes me feel glad that I'm not dead » | Oh! How the dogs stack up » | Huckenpack » 

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 

Death shall have no dominion

I know I keep saying this, but The AV Club really is the best arts-and-culture website out there right now. There are all sorts of columns I thoroughly enjoy, but it gave me a special thrill to see Nathan Rabin's great "My Year of Flops" column (which has now gone on longer than a year, and thankfully seems to be permanent) takes on Steven Soderbergh's great, great Solaris. Rabin, as he often does, gets it exactly right here.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates