« Home | "The consensus doesn't explain our lives. But - w... » | quiet, remorse, everything, peace » | Looking back: The Go-Betweens » | Swells » | Fear is not knowing » | Makes me feel glad that I'm not dead » | Oh! How the dogs stack up » | Huckenpack » | Moderate or good, occasionally very poor » | I think my face is falling off » 

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 

"What needs to be done"

Sarah Palin is an idiot, or at least a fool, and the available evidence suggests that she's a bad person as well. I know and like many Americans, and I have a basic level of faith that someone like her simply will not get elected President, or Vice President, or what have you. Which is why it made my blood run cold to see her saying, "I don't need a title to be the one to usher in what it is that needs to be done in our state or our country."

On the one hand, the delusion and the hubris is bitterly amusing (Palin isn't remotely qualified or capable enough to figure out what needs to be done, let alone to do it); one the other, the Western world tends to be fairly kind to people with no talents or virtues other than ambition, ruthlessness, a firm grasp of PR and a shaky one on reality. God help me, but should she be hit by a bus tomorrow I think I'd breathe a sigh of relief.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates