« Home | I think I need to see Deathline » | It's been a bloody stupid day » | "Crowdsourcing kills art" » | And someone leads the beast in on its chain » | Lay down for a while and disconnect » | I don't care if he dies in prison, no » | I knew happiness once » | Until you love me » | I need two heads » | (Sad trombone) » 

Sunday, October 11, 2009 

"Disorientation begets creative thinking"

I've said for a while now that some of the most valuable artistic experiences I had as a kid (and the kind I still tend to seek out) are the weird, the discomfitting, the unsettling, the inexplicable. Science being science and studies being studies, you should never place too much weight on any one piece of research, but I still like that there's at least a suggestion that I had a good reason for feeling that way.

It's funny you mention this article: a friend also mentioned it and said it reminded him of my blog. Apparently my kind of nonsense makes people smarter :-) And that's a goodly thing, says I!

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates