« Home | And where are your manners? » | Hieronymus Bosch » | Supremely fuckin' glorious » | "Disorientation begets creative thinking" » | I think I need to see Deathline » | It's been a bloody stupid day » | "Crowdsourcing kills art" » | And someone leads the beast in on its chain » | Lay down for a while and disconnect » | I don't care if he dies in prison, no » 

Sunday, October 25, 2009 

Feelings are boring, kissing is awesome

So the new Los Campesinos! album is going to be quite... something (I don't know, haven't heard it yet!). Based on the fifteen track titles they've posted and descriptions like "It is a record about the death and decay of the human body, sex, lost love, mental breakdown, football and, ultimately, that there probably isn’t a light at the end of the tunnel" it's likely either the best thing they've ever done or the first time their reach has exceeded their grasp. I'm hoping for (and expecting, I have to admit) the former. Either way, I bet you it's going to be kind of significant.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates