« Home | You think you have what you own » | Calm, collected » | "You think you can choose the kind of guy you are?" » | Design of a decade (it begins, pt. who even knows?) » | Where you been? » | Show me your teeth » | A glance » | Kicking comedy in the dick » | As time stood still » | "the right side of this battle, the right side of ... » 

Wednesday, January 27, 2010 

More than this, I'm more than this

Feel good hits of the 26th of January, 2010:

Elbow - George Lassoes the Moon
Sycamores - Tinji Ko
Picastro - Suttee
The Fiery Furnaces - Tropical-Iceland
Manic Street Preachers - You're Tender and You're Tired
Neil Finn - Loose Tongue
Hot Chip - Take It In
Nine Horses - Atom and Cell
Funkadelic - Who Says a Funk Band Can't Play Rock?!
Andrew Bird - Heretics

I listened to that Manics album recently and was amazed to hear how bloated it sounds - exactly what anyone who wasn't a big Manics fan (i.e. not me) was saying at the time of its release...

I actually wouldn't consider myself a big Manics fan, but I love that album for some reason. I'm a fan of the bloat, I guess.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates