« Home | Biology & dystopia » | Calling out of context » | "I will crush my enemies with famine and purges!" » | Poor cockroach » | You like the funny » | "Now And Forever" is such a great song » | Holy shit dept. » | I'll be on the couch » | $5 down the drain » | Turducken! » 

Wednesday, December 01, 2004 

Worth a thought

I often quasi-randomly check out movie trailers if I have any reason to be interested in the movie (that includes morbid curiosity), and tonight I checked out the one for Closer. I suspect I'd enjoy it more as a play (although hey, I like Jude Law and Clive Owen), but there was a rather interesting tagline at the end of a trailer:

"When you believe in true love
You never stop looking"

Now, normally movies deal in that kind of rhetoric for grand romances, but Closer is about people already in committed relationships, which re-posits the above in a way that I think is both interesting (because problematic) and also truer to life.

Maybe I will check it out, after all.

Which scott is this, then? McKeating?

Hey, thanks! I've been writing a piece on Wheat's last album in my head all day, expect that up before the end of the week...

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates