« Home | Against flowers » | The guy in the picture is John Foxx » | Said "who's the guy with the gun?" like I was invo... » | On a wall » | Girls are sometimes pretty » | Jam & Lewis » | Good for something after all » | I didn't even realise it was 4/20 » | On waking » | Riding ice cream trucks » 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 

A shit week for singles

This week's column is up, and it pains me mightily that three crap songs (well, two crap songs and a Coldcut tune I don't care much about) beat the closest thing we have to a good song - and that good song is a Norwegian pizza jingle.

Also, Boy Least Likely To got kind of shafted. As did Snow Patrol, but I expect that.

Apologies for both! Is it just me that's finding the Stycast link going to last week's, by the way?

Actually, I'm quite heartened by your contention that there's better on the album than the single, because I was a little underwhelmed too - I'm down as reviewing it for Stylus, if you could possibly help me get my hands on it. Hint hint.

And the link actually goes to the archive of all the Singles Jukebox Stycasts, so until the one for this week is posted it will look like it goes to last week's, yes.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates