« Home | Random dancing » | FYI: you’re all gonna die screaming » | Somethingasaurus » | I relentlessly desire your custard tongue between ... » | On a (relatively) lighter note » | Because I have been sleeping badly lately » | The light end of the street can still be a dead end » | LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! LIKE JAZZ OR GRIME! » | I forgot to post this for five hours » | I haven't heard it yet » 

Sunday, April 30, 2006 

Don't need no dizziness, don't need no nausea

So, that new Neil Young album, the "metal folk" one, with the protest choir? It's pretty fucking stunning (especially given his last few records). And until Friday, you can hear it at his website; slightly muddy sound quality aside, it's totally worthwhile.

AAaaagggggHHHHHHH ACk AcK

I have no idea how to interpret that. Are you suddenly Bill the Cat?

who the crap is Bill the Cat? I've always preferred Chacho the Wonder Monkey, actually.

You've never read Bloom County? You poor, poor girl. That strip is one of my formative influences.

yeah I suck.

I wouldn't go that far. But get thee to a library, they've probably got some big collections you can borrow for free. I'm actually kind of jealous, I'd love to be experiencing it for the first time.

::after a quick google search::, that comic and its characters look oddly familiar, but I don't think I ever read it much or had access to it in a previous life.

You should, though. It's good.

Also, I'm still wondering why Neil Young makes you have hairballs.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates