« Home | Twinges » | Structure » | Correctives » | Everything just sucks » | I want a name when I lose » | Night turns black 'cause it's rotten » | I found that essence rare » | A lack of uniforms » | False advertising » | Suddenly I'm glad I don't own it yet » 

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 

New project

The stycast today is the inaugural edition of the new Singles Jukebox podcast; I haven't listened to this one yet, being at work, but it's got some great songs (as well as some truly shitty ones) and possibly the inimitable Todd Burns vocalising one or more of my blurbs.

a-ha.... I was wondering if something like this was in the works over at stylus. I'm too lazy to go seek out the singles on my own, so this is an excellent idea. Even if a lot of these songs are really really terrible....

Just this week! If they'd done this last week, it would have been a lot better. Plus, I think Todd's choices for singles to feature are partially dictated by having interesting blurbs/his own sense of perversity.

(To be clear, I mean the latter in a good way - the idea of some random hipster being confronted with Teddy Geiger and Morning Musume appeals to me greatly.)

gahh. yeah, there were some really really terrible singles this week. but yeah! throwing shit like that at random unsuspecting hipsters is a pretty fun idea.

Plus, Bodies Without Organs. I love those guys.

yeah, ian... uh... about that....

I am aware my love for BWO is a lonely and isolating one. That doesn't mean the rest of you aren't wrong, though.

uhhhhhhhh.... hahaha... er... yeah.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates