« Home | Many happy returns » | O Canada » | Suicide prevention » | Virtual spectres » | And when somebody asks if I'm ok, I don't know wha... » | Still no MySpace » | Smokeless » | Arrrrrrr! » | And no friends in this town » | Auspicious beginning » 

Monday, September 25, 2006 

I suppose I should have told you that I am on fire for you

Feel good hits of the 25th of September, 2006:

Elvis Costello - "Sleep Of The Just"
The Magnetic Fields - "If You Don't Cry"*
Joy Division - "The Kill"
Readymade - "Terminal Sounds At Night"
The Mountain Goats - "Wild Sage"
Kid606 - "Now I Wanna Be A Cowboy"
Low - "Sunshine"
Jason Molina - "Get Out Get Out Get Out"
The Cure - "Pictures Of You (Extended Dub Mix)"
The Beatles - "For No One"


*I had this song in my head when I awoke this morning. The weird thing is, it was a different version - one sung by Merritt and accompanied by string instruments. Listening to the real song now, it's quite obviously synth-pop sung by Claudia Gonson. Weird.

Wild Sage is such a pretty song - I heard it on the radio while I was stuck in traffic in Providence, and I instantly knew who the artist was.

It was on the radio? OMGWTFBBQ

I can absolutely send you the album if you'd like, it's an absolute heartbreaker and one of the best of the year.

I know next to nothing about them, but if you're uploading the album anyway feel free to send it my way...

Absolutely! In fact, if you know next to nothing about them, I was kind of planning to send Kiernan a few of their albums all at once, so I might as well send it your way as well...

Yes please! I wish I could tell you what radio station it was, but I was just randomly flipping around, so all I can say is that it was some station out of Providence, Rhode Island.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates