« Home | And a guy with any kind of courage / would maybe s... » | Close to nothing at all » | And oh, how cute you seemed » | But... but... it was what we wanted! » | Making the grade » | I'd taser a 14-year-old. I'd taser him right in t... » | Jessica Alba doesn't like the evangelical church » | Arockalypse » | "I was perfect. I have always been perfect." » | Marie came home tattooed / it covers her back » 

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 

Everyone is almost done with me

My review of the new Dears record is up today.

I'm almost with you on The Ballad Of Humankindness, but the misuse of 'amount' drives me mad.

It's kind of like Brandon Flowers' use of "every once in a little while" on "When You Were Young" in that I don't mind it at all while listening, but when you point it out... yeah, that's kind of dumb.

I hope that I haven't ruined it now then! The Killers one actually doesn't bother me nearly as much even written down, for some reason.

Oh, no, as with the Killers as long as it's being sung I can ignore the inaccuracy pretty easily.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates