« Home | The brain is a muscle » | I know you'll be fine » | Subverting the hetero-normative paradigm » | You greet me with night laughter » | Public service » | "to ward off decades of bad luck" » | Busy doing nothing » | Feel my breath on your neck » | Don't panic dept. » | Intestinal tug-of-war » 

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 

Unrelated

- It does make sense that the days the bus is delayed so I get to stand there for 20 minutes would also be the days that are the worst to be out in, but still... fuck you, Guelph Transit. My big toes were beginning to succumb to frostbite, and I even wore winter boots today. Also, thank you to the University for not closing.

- The Cure's Mixed Up is really good (I ordered it, as you should, after reading my man Mallory O'Donnell's take on it, one of my favourite pieces by him and one of my favourite Stylus articles in general); I kind of wish it was an actual album, so there was a band who worked like this normally, all elongated moments of bliss, the place where Slowdive's Pygmalion meets, well, the Cure.

- Today saw the delightful appearance in my mail of Kepler's Fuck Fight Fail (endorsed by none other than Todd Burns - #6 on that list). I'm at work and so haven't listened yet, but "Light House" has been a constant companion this week, and any disc that has both that and a song called "Upper Canada Fight Song" is going to be awesome. Most importantly, I ordered the thing through Amazon less than a week ago, and it only cost me $15 Canadian. Thank you K. Szabo.

- Do you feel as if there's something wrong today? As if some small part of your soul has died? Warren Ellis knows why.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates