« Home | YES » | Poor Tom's a-cold » | Oddly terrifying » | Maybe I should say hi » | Re-performance » | "I'm fired. I'm getting fired." » | Ludicrously sober » | "If we don't debate this, we are not worthy of our... » | The prophet of our desert » | I feel safe all the time » 

Sunday, March 18, 2007 

Take your shoes and go outside

Feel good hits of the 18th of March, 2007:

Go-Betweens - "Bye Bye Pride"
Joy Division - "These Days"
TV on the Radio - "Wolf Like Me"
Bloc Party - "The Prayer"
Tamas Wells - "Open the Blinds"
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - "Silent Running"
The Organ - "Brother"
Elbow - "None One"
My Morning Jacket - "Masterplan"
The Fall - "I Wake Up In City (Live)"

("These Days" through "The Prayer" marks one of the best run of songs to dance to I've heard at a while down at the Albion - hearing "Wolf Like Me" under those circumstances may actually bring me around to the album eventually, after months of me not caring much)

Good list. But dancing to..."Wolf Like Me"? I'll have to try it.

EDIT: I tried it. You can.

You most certainly can - and fairly fervantly too, I found. Also, just before "These Days" he played "Love Will Tear Us Apart." A good night out, especially considering I didn't buy any of the beer I drank.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates