« Home | "There goes a siren. Oh how can I stand being left... » | You've been sad for a while » | Hassan-i Sabbah » | For the day I’m not here, when I’m gone and I’m sorry » | Everybody always tells her how much they care » | People get crushed like biscuit crumbs » | See the sky about to rain » | The unexamined life » | I've never felt so out of control » | "Something got out from inside the story" » 

Monday, April 30, 2007 

Morbidly funny

Via k-punk, I come to this rather massive compiled entry at the Beasthouse; it's quite entertaining for the most part, in a kind of misanthropic way, but the closing list ("Nine Symptoms of Depression Which I’m Not Going to Be Able to Talk About in Any Other Venue, So I Might As Well Talk About Them Here") makes clear just why there's a tinge to the whole thing that doesn't make me laugh. Of course, that only makes it a more crucial read.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates