« Home | You've been sad for a while » | Hassan-i Sabbah » | For the day I’m not here, when I’m gone and I’m sorry » | Everybody always tells her how much they care » | People get crushed like biscuit crumbs » | See the sky about to rain » | The unexamined life » | I've never felt so out of control » | "Something got out from inside the story" » | We've been past the point of help since early April » 

Saturday, April 28, 2007 

"There goes a siren. Oh how can I stand being left. I need to go to a Dr. but I am afraid. I'm so cold."

I'm kind of at loose ends today, so I'm checking out some old links before I go to the gym, and I stumbled onto this. I don't remember where I got it from. I've never so much as thought about suicide for an instant, and I doubt I ever will (barring, with any luck, any sort of chronic medical condition that makes life intolerable), but this is still an incredibly depressing thing to read. So many of these are so angry. It makes you wish you'd had a chance to talk to them before they did something irreversible.

Maybe if I ever find myself with more free time I'll try to volunteer at this sort of place.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates