« Home | I don't care where, just far » | IT'S LIKE LICKING A MIRROR » | "I'm probably going as a pretty pretty princess" » | Credible? » | Radio star » | To be of some hard, simple, undeniable use » | Morbidly funny » | "There goes a siren. Oh how can I stand being left... » | You've been sad for a while » | Hassan-i Sabbah » 

Thursday, May 03, 2007 

You really cannot make this shit up

"Loyalty Day," eh?

What?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

The wikipedia article actually makes it seem less risible than I'd heard it was; but still, isn't the 1st of May also International Workers Day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_of_May

If all the presidents of America do this, it's odd that I'd never heard of the day before - I mean, this isn't the first year Bush has been in power.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates