« Home | Well I'm accustomed to a smooth ride » | Heavy shoes » | Ugh » | Miles Standish proud » | Rock hard » | Alike a spring rose » | 4642.4 KM later » | Sadly predictable » | The only kick in life is pumping that steel » | Truckin' » 

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 

I can't even slack properly

Yesterday I had lunch at Angel's Diner, which is two minutes from my apartment and just down the street from my place of employment. I figured I'd drop by to see what my schedule for next week was like, since I wanted a chance to figure out my weekend plans and I didn't actually start work until 5 (it was 1:30). Then I saw that they were a little busy, so I basically volunteered to start my shift three hours early. It should go without saying that I've never done anything like that in my working life before, especially considering I don't need the money that badly.

So yeah, the job's going well.

Ian, slacking is the most important thing in life. Without slacking we turn into employees, and god knows I don't want a wife, kids, or a house yet ;) :P

Good to know that this job isn't sucking the life out of you!

Oh - and that's a god-awful website that TBGO has!

'tis - but the store itself is a much nicer place to work. Your website is looking good, incidentally.

Thanks - the homepage is designed using google pages, and the rest was developed using open-source software. I'm particularly liking how the blog *looks*. and hopefully the wiki will have the same kind of translucent blue colouring that I want to tbe the common colour theme sometime in the next month or three (once I find a theme that I like :P).

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates