« Home | But will the midget return? » | Eyes closed hopefully » | Tell Sir Thomas More we've got another failed attempt » | Here for infinity » | No spoilers here » | Goddamn it » | Regret » | Humanizing » | Go team » | I can't even slack properly » 

Thursday, July 26, 2007 

Solved

If you player checkers and do not make a mistake, and neither does your opponent, it will end in a draw. Always.

I actually really like that story, if for no other reason than it reminds me how crucial and omnipresent mistakes are (Marion Tinsley aside).



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates