« Home | 29 Forever » | End of the line » | Woodsmoke and peach salsa » | Exciting times » | Fuck you, Pringles » | Sort of classy but also sort of insane » | It's going to be so quiet in here tonight » | Even busier than normal » | Meat is murder carbon dioxide » | It's September, isn't it? » 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 

I once joined a priest class, plastic, inert

So with my new-ish alarm clock that plays CDs, I've had a hell of a time finding songs that are enjoyable as opposed to nerve-shattering ("Repetition" by the Fall), grotesquely ironic ("Again and Again" by the Bird and the Bee) or just plain annoying ("Loser" by Beck) to wake up to. It doesn't help that the alarm will only ever play the first track of a given CD. If today is any indication, and usually I hate my picks after the first morning, then "I Was a Lover" by TV on the Radio may be my choice for the foreseeable future.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates