« Home | Fuck you, Pringles » | Sort of classy but also sort of insane » | It's going to be so quiet in here tonight » | Even busier than normal » | Meat is murder carbon dioxide » | It's September, isn't it? » | We're afraid of the dark » | Blow your mongrel mind, or, how I stopped worrying... » | The Sand Witch » | Me me me » 

Friday, September 14, 2007 

Exciting times

So I met with a debt counsellor yesterday, because in addition to my massive OSAP loan (on hold while I'm in school, thank goodness), I have the remnants from a line of credit and credit card I had to get in second year to pay part of my rent and all that. It looks like things are much better than It thought they were, though - I already paid off the past-due bit, and I should be able to get back on my feet fairly quickly. Yay for fiscal responsibility, I guess; my natural tendancy is not to budget but to just go by instinct, which even I can tell you is a bad idea. I think this will help.

Meanwhile, Julia and I are off to drive for four hours until we get to Algonquin Park, where my dad, sister, and various other relatives are camping. We're on the far side of Canisbay Lake, so some paddling will be involved. I'm a little nervous because we'll be getting there when it's getting dark, but I'm sure we'll find them. Should be a pretty good weekend.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates