« Home | Blood a Necklace » | When we're all fully grown » | We get on » | Slipping » | Did we go too far? » | Best laid » | Jigsaw falling into place » | Everyone here does so just enjoy yourself » | Mind-expanding » | I'm out of my element; I can't breathe » 

Friday, January 11, 2008 

You're killing me stop killing me



While putting more stuff on the iPod tonight I was reminded of the infinite genius of the amazing, unheralded, disbanded and too good for this world Prolapse and especially their The Italian Flag album. "Killing the Bland" may have saved my life once, and the only reason TIF wouldn't make a list of my top ten albums of all time would be that I'd forgotten about it (I do that a lot, sadly, and not just with Prolapse). The above song, "Pull Through Barker," is not from The Italian Flag. In fact, if allmusic is to be trusted, it's not on any of their albums, and certainly not on the two I own. It's still a pretty good introduction to their genius, although the Linda Steelyard/Mick Derrick interaction isn't quite as psychotic as it could sometimes get.

This is cool! I've never heard of these people, so thanks.

REALLY? You need to hear The Italian Flag. NEED to. I've been working on a response for a few weeks, by the way... sadly, I now have a draft due on the 21st (I'm about a third done!) so it might have to wait until after that. But I might send you something earlier than that.

No hurries. Write your draft!

I'll keep an eye out for The Italian Flag.

Post a Comment


Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.

About me

Ian Mathers is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in Stylus, the Village Voice, Resident Advisor, PopMatters, and elsewhere. He does stuff and it magically appears here.

Contact Me:
imathers at gmail dot com

My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates